Blog 2.0 for Magento 2 Connects Sales and Content Marketing
The Blog extension by Aheadworks proved that a full value Magento store is just impossible without an official blog section.
Blog for Magento 1 is among the most popular Magento extensions ever and today we release the next round version of its successor – Blog 2.0 for Magento 2 stores. It carries several new features and most importantly it provides you with the tool migrating your blogs from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
Related Blog Posts and Products
Blog 2.0 provides you with a unique functionality available for only deeply integrated Magento components joining the advantages of seemingly different areas – sales and content. It allows you to display related blog posts on product pages and related products in blog posts.
There are two reasons to have this functionality in. First of all, if a potential customer is interested in a certain product, he can get information about it in your blog just in one click. And the second, if a potential customer likes certain products described in blog posts he can easily purchase them from the related products blog.
Related Product on Blog Post Pages
Related Products on Blog Post Pages
The connection between blog posts and products is established through the conditions available on ‘Edit Post’ pages in the backend. Using different product attributes and their combinations you can determine the set of products to be displayed on post pages and position them within the current layout from the extension Configuration section.
The configuration contains several position and layout options. You can place the related products block either immediately beneath the post body or after all submitted comments. The layout with multiple rows unfolds the option determining the maximum number of presented products and you can also display the ‘Add to Cart’ button to that products as well.
Related Product Settings
Related Posts on Product Pages
As soon as you define the set of related products on certain post pages, those related blog posts will appear on the corresponding product pages. You can enable this functionality from the ‘Related Products’ section during the extension configuration.
And if you are lost while looking for some advantageous connections between products and posts, below we present you some generic examples able perhaps to become triggering points for you inspiration.
- Complicated products. Related posts on product pages are indispensable if you sell complex products that require detailed explanations. This way, customers are always able to refer to the tutorials published in your technical blog.
- New arrivals. You will certainly want to present new arrivals to your customers and if the related blog post is unable to enumerate all the products of the new collection you can take advantage of the related products block.
- Original items. If your catalog contains some original products, blog readers will certainly be interested to discover all their unique specifications in dedicated blog posts.
- Selling a limited range of products. On the page of blog post you can explain sales conditions or discount terms and highlight the products falling within. And vise versa, customers are able to find out the terms following the blog post link from the product page, if necessary.
Blog 2.0 Code Refactoring
- Extensive Unit Tests Coverage;
- Magento Coding Standards Compliance.
Blog Migration Tool
The process of migration is described in the extension’s dedicated tutorial and embraces several tools and instruments, including Magento Data Migration Tool and Aheadworks Blog Migration Distributive. The whole process is taking just several minutes as it is described in our Video Guide. We advise you to walk through the process carefully and attentively in order to ensure a successful and effective procedure.
Aheadworks Blog Migration Video Guide
As a result of migration you will be able to keep all the previously obtained SEO values untouchable due to the same URL structure or automatic 301 redirects.
Upcoming Migration Tools
We also plan to add migration tools to some other our extensions just in the nearest future:
- Help Desk Ultimate for Magento 2;
- Product Questions for Magento 2;
- FAQ for Magento 2.
So, with Blog 2.0 you can migrate your posts to Magento 2 easily and be sure that the entire content is transferred to the full. The new version also delivers the better code covered with unit tests extensively.
The new features closely connect stores with corporate blogs and allow you to naturally supplement products with relevant content and vise versa.
Please ask our support team, if you have any additional questions regarding the new version of the Blog extension for Magento 2.