Meet Magento Russia 2014: “See You in Moscow!”
Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.
This is the second visit of Meet Magento to Russia, and it seems that this conference is firmly settled in Moscow.
The previous event was a true success and this year we can confidently expect the same. Russia gradually integrates into the global Magento community and we would like to tell you some basic facts about this amazing country.
Russia, also officially known as the Russian Federation, is a country in northern Eurasia. Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than one-eighth of the Earth’s inhabited land area, and one of the biggest nations.
Quick Facts about Russia
- Capital: Moscow;
- Population: 143.5 million (2012) World Bank;
- Biggest cities: Moscow (11,503,501), Saint Petersburg (4,879,566), Novosibirsk (1,473,754), Yekaterinburg (1,349,772), Nizhny Novgorod (1,250,619), Samara (1,164,685), Omsk (1,154,116), Kazan (1,143,535), Chelyabinsk (1,130,132), Rostov-on-Don (1,089,261), Ufa (1,062,319), Volgograd (1,021,215);
- Currency: Russian ruble (RUB);
- Official language: Russian;
- The main ethnic group: Russians – 81.0%;
- Government: Federal republic, Semi-presidential system, Constitutional republic.
Moscow is a true city of contrasts and each visitor can find here something special for himself. This diversity of architecture, people, and lifestyles becomes an inspiration for numerous Russian famous writers and poets at all times.
You will be greatly impressed by the difference in description of Moscow, for example, by Pushkin and Bulgakov. Pushkin’s Moscow is festive and elegant with numerous balls and receptions, while Bulgakov’s Moscow is mysterious and mystical full of unexplained accidents and phenomena.
The true spirit of the city lies in that multiplicity and complexity, which is formed by the endless number of layers added to Moscow by each century and citizen.