Best Ecommerce Practices: Banner Sliders
Let’s imagine that you are waiting for guests. Obviously, visiting you they expect to spend great time, including talking, excellent food, drinks, perhaps, some surprises, and certainly hope for a warm welcome. Just the same want the visitors of your online store.
Home pages, often the first ones taking your visitors in, usually have little time to express the required attitude and great images are apparently the best solution in this case. But, should you wrap them into banner sliders or leave them single and motionless? Well, it is not easy to answer this question for sure and below we’ll try to evaluate pros and cons of the both approaches.
Technically, image sliders provide more opportunities to present images as they include animation and give customers a wider choice. But, as you we’ll see below, it still doesn’t work sometimes.
Banner Slider Types
The main advantages of banner sliders are the chances to present images in many ways. You can take advantage of multiple slider formats and choose the most suitable one for your audience and brand.
- Image Rotators. This banner slider rotates images without any accompanying text and is used for branding purposes usually since it just creates visual representation of a brand;
- Banner Slider. This format of sliders rotates images with promotional texts;
- Fullscreen Sliders. If you exploit full screen images in your sliders, that is gonna be a fullscreen slider. Until recently it was a very popular slider format and it is the most impressive one as well. Although, it has its own disadvantages, of course;
- Scrolling Logo Thumbnail Sliders. In order to attractively present your clients portfolio you will probably need a scrolling logo thumbnail slider. It infinitely rotates small logos and mostly used for better design and loyalty increase;
- Simple Fade Slideshows. These sliders usually take advantage of versatile animation effects (fading, sliding, zooming, flying, etc) and include navigation elements such as arrows and navigation bullets.
These are the basic types of banner sliders often used to make more complex formats through the combination of the presented above features. Single pages are not able to give your store that liveliness, but the latest researches show that customers often pass banner sliders without paying any attention to them.